IMAGINE IF BIKING AND WALKING WAS CONSIDERED THE NORM.
That Central Florida has a history of designing roads for speed and convenience, not walking or biking.
That we can no longer accept that biking and walking injuries are inevitable.
And, agreeing that it is our duty to what it takes to protect the most vulnerable road users and to make walking and biking in Central Florida – the norm.
WHAT ARE WE UP AGAINST
WHAT WE’RE DOING ABOUT IT
Vision: Central Florida will create safe and courteous roads, trails, and transit ways, where bicycling and walking for transportation and recreation are accessible and a common part of our daily experience — enhancing our physical health and the quality of life in our community.
Mission: Bike/Walk Central Florida, a 501(c)(3) formed in 2010, promotes walkable and bikeable communities through raising public awareness and advocating for safe, active transportation, and recreation by:
- Educating walkers, cyclists, motorists and transit riders about Florida’s road laws, their rights, responsibilities, and courteous behaviors;
- Supporting transportation corridor planning and design using Complete Streets principles;
- Encouraging the development and maintenance of trails throughout Florida;
- Promoting a built environment that supports physical, environmental and economic health, provides for safe transportation choices, and encourages interaction among citizens of all ages, incomes and abilities.
BWCF Fulfills its Purpose:
- Advocate on a local level
- Be a Resource
- Raise Awareness on issues
- Frame issues through Health &Safety